Sarabande - In Unison

Beautiful as the Melody, Paced out as Choreographed, Synchronized to the Beat... Fast or Slow, it's in Unison

Monday, March 19, 2007

The 11th Hour

Attended my one and only Mosaic Music Festival Concert - Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra.


I was interested to try out something new here. A style of music which I seldom listen to. It's call ska, which I have no idea what it means. Found out later it is actually a mix of rock, jazz and blues, played with brass instruments like trumpet, saxophone, trombone, guitars and drums.

Sat in expecting some fun but as "promised" in the poster, it is an orchestra we can't sit down to. We end up standing up throughout the concert shouting and swinging. The band was hyper and highly energetic. We had much fun than anticipated.

I usually think trumpet is loud and noisy. After seeing the trumpeter solo, hey man, trumpet can sound absolutely music too when you have a good musician.

They performed the following for the opening which grabbed my attention straight away. Strangely familiar (it took me 1 day to recall where I heard it from)



One thing that I still find it weird is the concert is held at 11pm... ...

Labels: