Sarabande - In Unison

Beautiful as the Melody, Paced out as Choreographed, Synchronized to the Beat... Fast or Slow, it's in Unison

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Le Temps des cathédrales

This is the title of the opening song for Notre Dame de Paris. It describes a love tragedy and obsession of Man.

Watched it last night and was glad I decided not to give it a miss. Was thinking of that cause I don't understand French.

In the end, though there is English subtitles, I can't be bothered with it after some time through the musical. I rather enjoy the stage - songs and performers. The dancers, I must say, are experts. Really love their dances.

The idea of using a wall backdrop is indeed ingenious. Reduces props movement and gives a very strong scene setup for each part of the musical when work together with the lightings.

Some of the acts are good in the sense that really portray the emotional state the characters are going through. One of them I remembered vividly is Phoebus being torn between 2 women and he himself is confused and taken by obsession.

Notre Dame de Paris is a great performance. Watching such a marvelous musical is a good way to relax at the end of the week. I had a surprise too bumping into one other friend. Enjoyed this Friday night thoroughly. It's been a long time since I feel so relax out on a Friday night.

Now, if I may, introduce the opening song to you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home