Sarabande - In Unison

Beautiful as the Melody, Paced out as Choreographed, Synchronized to the Beat... Fast or Slow, it's in Unison

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Soporific

Today I learnt a new word: Soporific.

As from dictionary,

soporific \sop-uh-RIF-ik; soh-puh-\, adjective:
1. Causing sleep; tending to cause sleep.
2. Of, relating to, or characterized by sleepiness or lethargy.

noun:
A medicine, drug, plant, or other agent that has the quality of inducing sleep; a narcotic.

This word is most apt at describing what I need now.

After all the late nights (or should I say very early mornings) of drowning in tons of readings, I couldn't sleep a wink at the supposedly correct timings and I get sleepy under the bright lights. That's why, I need anything that creates the soporific effects on me so that I can sleep peacefully. Yeah, peaceful & satisfying looooong sleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home