Sarabande - In Unison

Beautiful as the Melody, Paced out as Choreographed, Synchronized to the Beat... Fast or Slow, it's in Unison

Friday, July 14, 2006

What went wrong? Me?

It seems to me I have been noticing this pattern among friends, friends of friends...more often lately.

And the pattern usually says "I thought I could do it, but now that I'm in it, I don't think I can."

I think as human beings, when we face with disturbances, real issues, challenges and whatever you call it, our confidence will dip and we begin to have mixed feelings. Some people decide to brave the storms while some decide to call it off.

At this point, I wonder if it is the lack of capability, support, self-confidence, self-understanding or control of emotions that cause us to wavier or is there something else? If right at the beginning we thought we really could, then I truly think that it could be done. Because, through time and events, we are understanding ourselves better (ok, i hope this is not an assumption). Then we get to know our limitations and flaws better, and doesn't this mean we get to have a bigger chance than before to overcome them? Hmm, am I wrong here?

I think it is just the same old thing. We are too lazy, comfortable and/or afraid to change.

So, I think we shouldn't blame it on the part of ourselves that is known as "Self-esteem". If you don't start loving yourself, it is difficult for others to love you too. If you don't have confidence in yourself, it is difficult for others to believe in you. I f you want to blame, maybe blame it on the part of you that wants comfort and certainty. Self-esteem is a part of us we should never deny or stop nuturing. Self-esteem is an essential ingredient that makes a person alive and moves on... ...living.


"Failure is an event, never a person" ~ William D. Brown

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home