Sarabande - In Unison

Beautiful as the Melody, Paced out as Choreographed, Synchronized to the Beat... Fast or Slow, it's in Unison

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Up the Kilimanjaro mountain

Almost 2 years have passed since I was up the mountain. Writing a post only at this point of time serve as the chance to reflect and just tell what was still enact in my memories and how these memories made me feel now. I want to wait till the pain and joy I went through at that time are diluted. I think these would be my real learnings.

Speaking now with additional years of growth and thoughts, the emotions and experience that have passed through me at that point of time now gave me a new perspective to my life and aspiration.

Trekking up the mountain was a training of the mental strength and releasing of the potential of one's body and mind. I could still remember when I was moving up on the summit climb, I could only push on by focusing on the success story I could tell if I have done it. What a show-off I want to be, when I think about this now. I'm not a story teller who can leads anyone to feel how I felt at that time.

I started to read some stories from mountaineers who survive the worst ordeals in the mountains. Under the titanic forces of nature, it is easy to understand how vulnerable humans can be and how naive I have been. But at the same time, human can only tap into the deepest wells of potential when it is for survival.

If ask how I truly felt about being on top of the mountain, I felt just what those authors did. After being at the highest point, when you look back in time, you can feel a sense of almost emptiness in the heart. Like you lost something and you know you can never get it back or replace it with anything else. And you can only feel its presence in the way it had influence and grow you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home